Today was a bit of a setback for my plans on getting a new bike. Apparently the claim process at my insurance company is like jumping through hoops while blindfolded and your ankles tied. First I was told I would just have to buy the items stolen then bring in the receipts then they would take their sun, minus my deductible then cut me a check. Nope. I instead have to fill out this form of all the items I lost, the model number, the price, how much "cash value" it has now (how do I even guess that??) as well has were I got them and how long I had them. I don't even know precisely where I got my backpack, and there is not enough room to put "some general store in the little town near the Grand Canyon" in the box they provide. After some research I finished it and faxed off today. Being a Friday they can ignore it until Monday and then begin there research.
The expensive items they may want to get some proof that I owned them. then once that is done they may try to go through some magic purchasing place they have at their agency to replace it. I'm worried they will call and and say "We have a comparable bike here, where do you want it sent?" "Ummmm, what kind of bike is it?" "One with two wheels.. now let me verify your zip code." No good. I want my Trek bike. I also don't want to wait two months. Arg!
Luckily Jennifer was awesome and was there today to help me stay calm. She even brought me a Blueberry Crisp Clif Bar! How awesome is that! She also fixed my horribly illegible handwriting so the people on the other side of the fax machine would know what came though rather then think they had received alien transmissions.
Now all I have to do is sit back and wait. And walk places.
-Ry
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment