Thursday, April 22, 2010

The First

April 18th

Today was the first day that I rode by bike to work up in Bothell. 5:45am my alarm goes off and of course I hit the snooze only to wake up 5 minutes later. I made myself a quick breakfast consisting of a banana, oatmeal, and brown toast. I packed up a few sets of clothes, my work shoes, a towel, and all my bathroom stuff for I was going to take a shower when I got to work. My backpack weighed about 40 pounds and it was NOT a pleasant ride. I have been slacking on my diet of fresh veggies and whole grain lately and noticed on the ride that my glycerin storage was lacking on the storage. I wasn’t feeling any energy and averaging only 15mph. The down hills even seemed tiring. On the plus side the weather was nice and warm…foggy, but dry and warm. The sun decided to peak through the fog once I hit Bothell and the ride up to North Creek was visually pleasant. 15 miles later I was at work and ready to hit the shower. The ride was one of my worst this year so far. It is amazing what not eating right can do to you. I suppose it is time to get back to the diet. Luckily I didn’t have to ride back that night. I went over to my girlfriends house that day after work (only 1 mile north of work) and hung out with her. The night got to be pretty late and half the trail is non light bike trail and it wasn’t safe to ride back at night. Amanda kindly let me take residence in the guest room.

-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment