In the morning I take my bike with me to work (30 miles away from my home) and I park about a mil up the hill to find free parking spaces and then bike to work. Today was no different, but about a block form my car I felt that horrible 'thump thump/grind" sound that comes from a flat tire. I was not 'late' per se at this point if I was able to ride all the way in, but now I had to take my bike back to my car, try my air pump and hope it was just low on air. Nope. It had an honest to goodness flat. I have not put on my toolkit with it's supply of patch kits on my new bike yet, so I had to securely lock it up in my trunk, switch out of my biking shoes and jog for 1.2 miles this morning. I ended up making it to work 3 minutes late which is good enough to clock in, but I had to do so before changing into work clothes.
I knew it had to happen sooner or later. Every new bike seems to get flat tires faster then replaced tires. When I got home this afternoon I borrowed a patch from my brother and we chatted while I fixed it up. After it was all put back together I found a shard of green glass in my tire. Grrr. I wish Seattle had cleaner streets sometimes.
This week promises some good weather. I'm looking forward to a few good rides. Jared and I are riding Saturday. Hopefully Jason will get his Trek soon! Here crossing my fingers!
-Ry
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment