I would first like to put in a few good words for the old gal that got me through so much and traveled with me halfway across the United States to this wonderful land called Seattle. I’m speaking about my old bike for those of you who may be thinking I’m weird. Now it is true that my old bike was falling apart and not performing like it once did, which is partly due to my lack of knowledge with bike maintenance. Back to the point…we have been through a lot together. While living in Chicago she was my escape from all the emotional trauma that I went through with an old girlfriend. She traveled with me to Minnesota where I rode around Minneapolis and said my goodbye’s to the good old spots like Lake Harriet and Minnehaha falls. She was with me while biking through Fargo, ND with my good friend Lauren. She traveled with me through North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and Washington. She was the reason that allowed me to meet one o my closest friends in Seattle. She got me to work on time and kept my beer belly down. She was my ride in my very first triathlon. She was my ride in my very first bike race (STP). To sum it up I had a lot of firsts with my old bike and she will always have a special spot in my heart. HOWEVER like all women they just get old after awhile, fall apart, and sometimes you need to trade them in for a younger and hotter body (yikes, i'm going to regret saying that one).


No comments:
Post a Comment