For some strange reason there seems to be a good deal of rain here in Washington State... I'm not so sure why. And with that comes the challenge of riding in this inclement weather. I don't mind it so much, but I just need to be prepared. This was not the case the other morning. I drove to work on nice dry roads ready for my day ahead. I worked my morning shift and was ready to head to the gym. Once coasting down the roads I noticed the clouds had come back (they had dispersed the day before). After the gym it was raining! As I mentioned, being prepared for the rain is ok, but my rain gear was left in my car. I keep an awesome rain jacked (a gift from my brother Nathan) and some waterproof pants (a gift from my sister Katie) to keep me dry. Sadly I would have to ride uphill in the rain. On the bright side, my new bike handles brilliantly in wet conditions. The breaks are responsive and the tires grip effortlessly. I was just wet and not so happy. I'll need to get some gloves for next winter when it gets close to my last bit of miles for this self imposed challenged. Perhaps my last sibling, Heidi, can get those for my birthday. (shameless gift plug here)
-Ry
No comments:
Post a Comment