
Today I went on a bike ride with Jennifer. It was an amazing day outside and we had a few errands to do around the quaint city of Kent. Jennifer had not ridden her bike in many months. Her bike was in sad shape when I pulled it out from under the steps she had chained it to though the winter. The seat was dirty, the frame a mess, and cobwebs covered the handle bars. Worst of all her chain had begun to rust. Hopefully with a little love and care we can get her bike up to the racing shape it was in last summer. That bike helped Jennifer complete two triathlons last year!
Our ride today took us to a local coffee shop (which as closed), so Starbucks became the backup. We then went to Rite Aid to get her a coffee grinder for the amazing Stumptown Peru Capacy coffee I bought her for Valentines. (which she by sheer coincidence bought me!!) We then went to Jerry's Rock Shop which sells all sorts of amazing rocks, gems and fossils. They have a huge Triceratops skull inside! I want one, but I don't think Jennifer agrees.
I wish Jason had his bike and we were counting our 10,000 miles, because it is the rides like these that are just as important to our plan as the long endurance/adventure rides. It is the bike rides you do with friends and loved ones that make memories for years to come.
But not to fear - I've been told Jason could either have his bike A)Soon, or B)Hold out a little longer for a possibly better bike. I vote A, but that's not my call.
-Ry

Yay! Love the photos too. The blog might just make me buy a bike.
ReplyDelete