
Finally! This morning there was a letter from my insurance with a check inside! It was addressed to my brother (formerly my co-insurer) but with my name as the recipient of the claim. The original plan this morning was to go out to breakfast with Jennifer and her sister Melanie who is visiting from LA. I soon asked Jennifer if we could stop by and pick up my bike and she agreed!! We then ended up in Greenlake and went and picked up my bike. Sadly, Jennifer was not feeling so well and was suffering a stomach flu. she seemed so out of it I felt bad feeling such happy emotions at the same time. but she is a trooper and I give her massive amounts of credit for being there.
I give her even more for bearing with me and going to Performance Bicycle and getting all the components I lost; my clips, lights, odometer, etc... But I got it all and we soon were able to leave the big city and calm our morning down a bit.
I took it home and had my brother (the resident bike mechanic) give it a once over and help me replace my pedals for clips. Soon I was on the road feeling the wind against my shirt and feeling the nuances of this bike in comparison to my old bike.
The only caveat to this day is the fact that I can't put on my odometer and start counting miles until Jason gets his bike as well and then the counting begins... so until then folks, don't turn that dial!
-Ry

I love the word "caveat." Yay for new bikes. Yous was in my 'hood again.
ReplyDeleteAny time babe. Of coarse I could not deny you your bike. You were sooo excited! Plus it was just another example of me loving you more :P XO
ReplyDelete